Name of organization: Chen Cheng-Po Cultural Foundation (the “Foundation”)
Type: Visual art organization
Date of founding: June 15th, 1999.
I.Reason for Founding
The Foundation was established by the heirs of Chen Cheng-po to carry on the unfinished life-work of their father to advance art development in Taiwan and subsequently to make a presence in the international painting arena.The establishment of the Foundation was approved by the Ministry of Education on June 15th, 1999 but it was later placed under the jurisdiction of the Council for Cultural Affairs (now the Ministry of Culture).
The Foundation aims at advancing Taiwan local culture by carrying out the following activities:
1. Organize or co-organize various activities related to Taiwan local art and culture.
2. Participate in art and culture related international activities.
3. Sponsor young students and members of the public who are passionate about Taiwan local art and culture.
4. Subsidize or participate in the restoration and publication of the works of Taiwan’s early generation painters.
5. Sponsor the research and development of Chen Cheng-po’s painting styles.
6. Involve in any other business in line with the mission of this Foundation.